We can’t be the only ones who think that the best part of baking cookies is sampling the cookie dough. There’s just something about that sweet, cold, buttery dough that can’t be beat. But we understand that keeping our families safe and healthy is always the number one priority, and eating cookie dough with raw eggs is not recommended.
But we have great news! You don’t have to deprive your kids (or yourself, if we’re honest) of raw cookie dough anymore. We have the perfectly safe and delicious cookie dough recipe to share with you today.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar and brown sugar
- Unsalted butter
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips
Make Your Edible Cookie Dough
- Add butter and granulated sugar to a medium mixing bowl, sprinkle salt evenly over.
- Using an electric hand mixer whip together until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in 1 1/2 Tbsp milk and the vanilla extract, then blend in flour and cocoa powder, while adding milk 1/2 Tbsp at a time to thin if needed.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in chocolate bits. Store cookie dough in the refrigerator.
Now all that’s left is enjoying your delicious cookie dough, and not having to worry about salmonella!
Recipe from Cooking Classy.