Country Home After School students enjoy active, fun-filled days that provide a variety of choices including the Soda Shop (for an afternoon snack and cooking projects), the Arts and Crafts Center (for creative arts), the Theater Arts Center (for plays, musical instruction or a favorite movie), the Computer Lab (for play and education), the Giant Adventure Jungle Indoor Playground (for indoor physical play), and the outdoor playground and Waterpark (weather permitting).
Each area encompasses unique opportunities and equipment for challenging “hands-on” learning and fun exploration into the world of science, math, computers, language development, dramatic and creative arts. We do provide homework time each day to assist in the completion of your child’s school assignments. However, our After School program is not an extension of the typical school day, but is designed to complement it by providing many enrichment opportunities unavailable to the students at the public schools. Our children spend fun-filled days on the move participating in activities that stimulate their creativity and spur their imagination!
We invite our After School students to attend Country Home on public school holidays. Field trips are planned on these days to exciting and educational local attractions, including horseback riding, visits to our petting zoo, and picnics at our privately owned “Adventure Quest” ranch in Boerne for our San Antonio locations!
After School transportation is provided to and from nearby public schools. Please inquire at the location nearest you for specifics.
Our wonderful teachers skillfully guide our school-age students through a variety of exciting destinations each day that include:
- Country Home Waterpark and Wet Deck: Our 18”(maximum) deep Waterpark includes a beach entry, a giant frog slide, and multiple, water-spraying “creatures”!
- Adventure Jungle Indoor Playground: Our jungle-theme playground provides colorful climbing
tubes, tunnels, slides and an elevated tree house with drums
all in a climate-controlled environment!
- Large Indoor Gym and Basketball Court (most locations):With 24-foot soaring ceilings, our climate-controlled, indoor basketball court has hoops that adjust for even our youngest players!
- Country Home Theater: Amphitheater seating around a wooden stage is the perfect
place for our children’s performances and plays! We also
have a projection-style big-screen TV for those very special
- 1950′s-Style Soda Shop: Complete with a jukebox CD player, the Soda Shop is used
for class cooking projects and special celebrations!
- Resource Room and Library: A specialized area that provides exceptional toys and educational equipment, plus an extensive library complete with a two-story reading loft!
- Age-Specific Outdoor Playgrounds: A heavily wooded, environmental playground with tike tracks, spring riders, and a large playscape that includes multiple slides and play events!
- Putt-Putt Golf Course: An exciting, colorful maze of golfing challenges specifically
designed for our young students!
- Soccer Field (some locations): A great addition to our sports arena, allowing our young students to improve their coordination and engage in friendly competition!
- Computer Lab: Equipped with eight independent computer systems, our children enjoy age-appropriate and fun software in a classroom atmosphere!
- Arts and Crafts Lab: Specialized materials and equipment allow our students to work with a variety of art mediums for their special projects and creative expression!
Our Summer Campers (and After School students on school holidays) are on the go every week! We visit a variety of exciting and educational destinations including the following (depending on location):
- Weekly trips in the summer to enjoy swimming, bowling and skating
- Museums – such as Institute of Texan Cultures, Bob Bullock Museum, Science Tree House and Capitol City Tours
- Pizza play zones – such as Incredible Pizza and Gattiland
- Zoo life – such as Wildlife Ranch and the San Antonio Zoo
- Theater Arts and Music appreciation – such as the IMAX and For the Love of Drums
- Putt Putt Golf – such as Goofy Golfing
- Art studios – such as Art Works and Dragonfire Glass Blowing
- Taste of life experiences – such as Enchanted Springs Ranch (Western life) and Crow’s Nest Farm (farm life)
- Game centers – such as Main Event
- Adventure Quest in Boerne for horseback riding, inflatable slides, pony rides, petting zoo, miniature golf, volleyball court, softball field, and general store with a Candy Corner!
Through all of our many programs we seek to provide an extraordinary educational environment for your child.
Our After School students will have many opportunities to grow intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically. Above all, we want each child to have lots of happy, adventure filled days surrounded by friends!