School starts next week. A lot of you will be taking the bus to school, or getting on one of our Country Home busses to come here after school. Here are a few quick tips to keep you safe on any bus.
1. Get to the bus safely: Leave plenty of time to safely get to the bus, walk on sidewalks, and don’t use electronics while you are walking.
2. Wait safely: Stay away from the street. Be aware of the traffic around you and keep your distance as the bus pulls up. Stand about 5 large paces back from the edge of the street.
3. Don’t Rush: Wait for the bus to come to a complete stop before you get on or you stand up to get down. Don’t push or shove when entering or exiting the bus.
4. Know the details: When taking the bus for the first time, pay attention to your driver’s name and your bus number. That way you can get on the right bus on the way home too.
5. Know your limits: Don’t put your head, arms, papers or anything out the window.