A few weeks back, a friend posted a picture of some fru-shi on her Facebook page. Fru-shi is fruit sushi and I have seen a few different versions. Some of them are very intricate and look like a fancy dessert, but the version I’m going to share with you is a quick snack that you can throw together in minutes when your kids need a healthy pick-me-up.
What You Need For One Fru-shi Roll:
- One banana
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter, or prepared peanut butter powder
- 1 flour torilla
- 6 raisins (or other dried fruit)
What To Do:
- First, microwave your tortilla for about 10-15 seconds to soften it.
- Then, spread your peanut butter or prepared peanut butter powder all over the tortilla
- Place the banana at one end of the tortilla, and then roll it up inside the tortilla.
- Cut your rolled up banana roll into 6 equal pieces.
- Turn each piece banana side up and place one raisin, or one piece of dried fruit on top.
- If you want to make it a bit sweeter, drizzle a little honey one top of each piece.
That’s it! You have a healthy snack that takes about 5 minutes to make, will fill your kids up and will give them energy to play all day long.
If you want to give your fru-shi a nutritional boost, you can try adding a few ingredients.
When I made mine I used peanut butter powder. The directions say to mix 2 Tbsp of powder with 1 Tbsp of water. To give my mixture some added protein and antioxidant power, I mixed in about 1/2 Tbsp of hemp protein powder and a 1/2 Tbsp of chia seeds.
If you don’t have hemp protein powder any other protein powder will work in it’s place. I just find the flavor of the hemp protein blends well with the peanut butter. After adding the extra powder, you’ll have to add a bit more water. Just add water in slowly until you get the desired consistency.