At Country Home we offer a distinctly innovative and unique environment for our school-age children ages 5-13. We do not limit our program to one teaching venue or method, but rather provide a virtual banquet of educational and exciting choices. Our wonderful facility affords us the opportunity to leave our homeroom classroom each day and explore various themed rooms (specialized areas listed below).
Each area encompasses unique opportunities and equipment for challenging “hands-on” learning and fun exploration into the world of science, math, computers, language development, dramatic and creative arts. However, our After School and Summer Camp programs are not an extension of the typical school day, but are designed to compliment it by providing many enrichment opportunities unavailable to the students at the public schools.
We also provide homework time each day to assist in the completion of your child’s school assignments. Our children spend fun-filled days on the move participating in activities that stimulate their creativity and spur their imagination!
(After School transportation is provided to and from nearby public schools. Please inquire at the location nearest you.)
Our wonderful teachers skillfully guide our school-age students through a variety of exciting destinations each day that include:
- Country Home Waterpark and Wet Deck: Our 18”(maximum) deep Waterpark includes a beach entry, a giant frog slide, and multiple, water-spraying “creatures”!
- Adventure Jungle Indoor Playground: Our jungle-theme playground provides colorful climbing
tubes, tunnels, slides and an elevated tree house with drums
all in a climate-controlled environment!
- Large Indoor Gym and Basketball Court (most locations):With 24-foot soaring ceilings, our climate-controlled, indoor basketball court has hoops that adjust for even our youngest players!
- Country Home Theater: Amphitheater seating around a wooden stage is the perfect
place for our children’s performances and plays! We also
have a projection-style big-screen TV for those very special
- 1950′s-Style Soda Shop: Complete with a jukebox CD player, the Soda Shop is used
for class cooking projects and special celebrations!
- Resource Room and Library: A specialized area that provides exceptional toys and educational equipment, plus an extensive library complete with a two-story reading loft!
- Age-Specific Outdoor Playgrounds: A heavily wooded, environmental playground with tike tracks, spring riders, and a large playscape that includes multiple slides and play events!
- Putt-Putt Golf Course: An exciting, colorful maze of golfing challenges specifically
designed for our young students!
- Soccer Field (some locations): A great addition to our sports arena, allowing our young students to improve their coordination and engage in friendly competition!
- Computer Lab: Equipped with eight independent computer systems, our children enjoy age-appropriate and fun software in a classroom atmosphere!
- Arts and Crafts Lab: Specialized materials and equipment allow our students to work with a variety of art mediums for their special projects and creative expression!
Our Summer Campers (and After School students on school holidays) are on the go every week! We visit a variety of exciting and educational destinations including the following (depending on location):
- Weekly trips in the summer to enjoy swimming, bowling and skating
- Museums – such as Institute of Texan Cultures, Bob Bullock Museum, Science Tree House and Capitol City Tours
- Pizza play zones – such as Incredible Pizza and Gattiland
- Zoo life – such as Wildlife Ranch and the San Antonio Zoo
- Theater Arts and Music appreciation – such as the IMAX and For the Love of Drums
- Putt Putt Golf – such as Goofy Golfing
- Art studios – such as Art Works and Dragonfire Glass Blowing
- Taste of life experiences – such as Enchanted Springs Ranch (Western life) and Crow’s Nest Farm (farm life)
- Game centers – such as Main Event
- Our own Country Home Ranch in Boerne for horseback riding!
Summer Camp Curriculum
In addition to all of the above, our extremely popular Summer Camp program includes our reward-based Reading Program that encourages a continuation of academic exercises throughout the summer. Each week brings a new theme with many special events planned for our children’s cultural enrichment and total enjoyment! Summer Camp curriculum units are theme-based and include exciting topics such as:
- From Sea to Shining Sea – From the South American Rainforest to Medieval times, from France to Italy, this unit highlights fascinating countries and cultures from around the world.
- Adventure Camp – From scavenger hunts to a magic show, Summer Campers highlight their summer with a fantastic unit that includes the Country Home festival.
- Fitness and Fun – In this unit we will learn all about physical fitness and the Olympics, concluding with “3 Cheers for the USA!” and a patriotic parade.
- Set Sail for Adventure – Come with us as we visit the Caribbean, the Congo, Spain and the Orient. Field trips include a visit to the Wildlife Ranch and Petting Zoo.
- The Lone Star State – Join our Texas roundup as we explore the great state of Texas, with field trips like the Institute of Texan Cultures and the San Antonio Zoo. We’re even making s’mores!
- Celebrations – A unit on Clown College leads into the Country Home Carnival, a day filled with snow cones and face painting, bean bag toss and Spikey Mikey the magician!
- Under the Sea – Units include Friends with Fins, Inside a Shell, Creatures of the Deep, Sand and Surf and The Great Coral Reef. Summer Campers will learn all about the ocean through events such as beach volleyball and a coral reef adventure trek.
- All Around the USA – Summer Campers will visit different regions of the United States through a patriotic parade for In The Big City, a visit to Fiesta Farms for Farming in the Heartland, a talent show during the Mount Rushmore unit, and a lesson in sand painting for The Desert Southwest!
- The Production Crew – Country Home is taking a trip to Hollywood during this exciting month! Summer Campers will learn how to Create a Cartoon, take part in Fairy Tale Skits and visit the Wax Museum during our unit on Big Screen Favorites.
Through all of our many programs we seek to provide an extraordinary educational environment for your child.
Our After School and Summer Camp students will have many opportunities to grow intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically. Above all, we want each child to have lots of happy, adventure filled days surrounded by friends!