Make Halloween this year a full family affair with costumes for everyone–and plenty of candy to go around. Here are a few of our favorite DIY family-friendly costumes the whole family can enjoy!
- Take on all the bad guys with your family’s mad Ninja skills. Everyone gets their favorite color and the costume is an easy pairing of clothes you already have and inexpensive, reusable pieces. Or get your turtle power on with these easy DIY Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle costumes.
- Babies are already sweet, but when you dress your infant up as a piece of baby candy, you’ve just treated everyone’s Halloween to a full chorus of “Awww….”.
- Trolls were a huge hit and these family costumes will be, too! Embrace the colored hairspray and those ’80s legwarmers still in the closet.
- Follow your own yellow brick sidewalk to a great evening by dressing as the classic characters from The Wizard of Oz. Even the family dog gets a costume for this grouping!
- Be a family of Minions with these super easy costumes.
- Flintstones are a forever family hit and makes a great choice for when Halloween forgets it’s October and the temperature’s soaring.
What’s your favorite family story? Chances are you can go as any character from any film or book your family enjoys! Think Little House on the Prairie, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, Goldilocks and the three bears, or Peter Pan and the Lost Boys.
Don’t forget to share those costumes at our Country Home Learning Center fall events like Boo Bash and Fall Fest! Check your center for details and let’s all have more treats than tricks this Halloween!