It’s been a while since we’ve shared a crock pot recipe with you, but we found the perfect one to share today. This one’s for all the chocolate lovers (which should be everyone, right?). If you’re looking for an easy dessert to satisfy that sweet tooth, you’re in luck. This is a dessert the whole family will enjoy…and it’s easy enough for your kids to help with, or even make on their own.
This Crock Pot Chocolate Spoon Cake uses a boxed cake mix and simple ingredients you most likely already have on hand. It’s the perfect recipe to throw together in the morning or afternoon to have ready for supper. Plus, during these hot summer days, it allows you to enjoy that “fresh-out-of-the-oven” taste without having to turn on your oven and heat the house up.
Crock Pot Chocolate Spoon Cake
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 4 oz box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Spray your crock pot with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for about 4-6 hours.
Note: Because all crock pots cook differently, we recommend checking it at the 4-hour mark.
Once your chocolatey creation is finished, spoon some into a bowl and enjoy it warm, topped off with a scoop of your favorite ice cream or a squirt of whipped cream. Enjoy!