Crock-Pots always take us back to cool breezes, hearty soups and crackling fires in the hearth. They practically overflow with all our fondest fall memories, and if you think hard enough, they do the same for you. Food is at the center of so many wonderful family moments across time. That’s why we wanted to bring you a few of our favorite fall Crock-Pot recipes from over the years.
With the weather cooling off and the crazy routine of back to school upon us this fall, we’re sure you’re looking for a few new recipes to beef up your weekly line up. In the midst of the hustle and bustle, we hope these recipes do more than just feed your tribe. We hope that the less time you have to spend standing over the stove or rushing into a store for take-out means more time spent around the dinner table.
What You’ll Need:
- 2-4 chicken breasts
- 2-3 cups of your favorite salsa
- Salt and pepper
How You’ll Do It:
- Cut each chick breast in half
- Season with salt and pepper on both sides
- Lay chicken in Crock-Pot, pour salsa in and toss until chicken is covered
- Cook on high for 4 hours
- Once cooking time is up, shred the chicken and pour the salsa and juices over it
- Tacos: heat up some hard or soft taco shells for a make-your-own taco night
- Add lettuce, cheese and sour cream
- Taco Salad: shred some lettuce and put the salsa chicken on top
- Sprinkle shredded cheese and crushed tortilla chips all over and dress with Catalina dressing or leftover salsa
- Burrito Bowl: make some rice on the stove and serve it in bowls with the chicken
- Guacamole, fajita veggies and sour cream make great toppings to mix into your bowl
We promise salsa chicken will be a fan favorite in your household. You can mix it up by trying a few different salsas every time you make it, from medium to super spicy. Get your kids in the kitchen with you, chopping veggies and creating burrito bowl masterpieces. This dinner is best served around a full kitchen table with lots of loud laughter and conversation.