Crockpot. Three ingredients. That’s it. No wonder this is a winner-winner-chicken-dinner. As always, adjust portions to the size and cooking speed of your slow cooker, and if you use an instant pot, tell us what tweaks you made!
Prep this in the morning, and in the evening, pair with baked potatoes you tossed in the oven for that hour while you did all the “we just got home” things. Add a pre-made salad and congratulate yourself on a home cooked meal the family will love.
Rootbeer BBQ Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts OR chicken thighs OR drumsticks
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce of choice
- 1 can root beer of choice
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for six hours.
- Mix together barbecue sauce and root beer in bowl.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cook on HIGH for 30 more minutes (keep covered).
Recipe adapted from The Frugal Girls.