Are you looking for a fun craft to make with your child? If you’re like many of us, you have a multitude of photos from the holidays. Photos of your child, photos of family, photos of your pet, and photos of who knows what else! Instead of keeping the photos on your phone forever, to be forgotten about within weeks or months, print a couple of your favorites out and create picture frame magnets with your child! Or better yet, let your child pick out a couple of his or her favorite photos to print out. The magnets will serve as sweet reminders of your holiday memories!
Sun Picture Frame Magnets
Activity from craftprojectideas.com
- Assorted Acrylic Jewels
- Assorted Paint Brushes
- Magnetic Buttons with Foam Adhesive
- Acrylic Paint
- Mini Craft Sticks
- Foam Plate
- Yellow Foam
- Paper Cup
- Turn your cup upside down and place it in the center of your foam plate. Using your pencil, trace around the edge of the cup.
- Cut out the circle.
- Turn your cup right side up and place in the middle of the cut foam circle. Trace around the edge of the cup.
- Glue one end of a craft stick against the edge of the smaller traced circle, with the other end hanging off the foam, as shown. This will be one sun ray.
- To make the rest of the sun, continue gluing craft sticks around the foam circle.
- Paint the craft sticks yellow, and let dry.
- Turn your cup upside down and place on your yellow foam sheet. Using your pencil, trace around the edge of the cup.
- Flip the cup over and center the bottom of the cup in the center of the circle. Trace the edge of the cup.
- Cut out the large foam circle first, then the inside foam circle. You will have a circle frame.
- Place your yellow foam frame on your picture. Adjust the placement of the frame, so that your photo will look nice in the opening. Trace around the outer edge of the frame with a pencil. Then cut out the shape.
- Glue the frame onto the picture.
- Glue the frame with the picture in the center of your yellow sun.
- Decorate your frame with acrylic jewels.
- To finish your frame, add a magnetic button to the back so you can hang the frame on the refrigerator.
If you’re looking for something a little different than the craft we shared above, check out these alternative ideas.