Ah, fall! The kids are back in school and routine is reigning once again. But that doesn’t mean all the fun has to stop. Block out some time this weekend to ring in fall with your family. Put on some hot chocolate, go for a walk in the crisp fall air and cozy up by the fire before bedtime. See if you can work this fun fall activity in there sometime, too. We’ve got all the steps for you here, so you just need your kids and a few supplies.
What You’ll Need:
- Fresh fall leaves, preferably whole ones
- If the leaves haven’t started turning in your area of the world, bookmark this project for later!
- Paint in a variety of colors
- Large sheets of paper or newspaper
How You’ll Do It:
- Go for the aforementioned crisp fall walk with your family. Have each of your kids select a handful of freshly fallen leaves in a variety of shapes and sizes.
- Once you’re home, lay out the paper or newspaper on an outdoor table or in your yard.
- Pour paint onto paper plates.
- Help your children lightly dip each of their leaves into their favorite colors of paint.
- Gently press the painted leaf onto the sheets of paper or newspaper. Hold it for a few seconds and then lift it to reveal your leaf stamp.
- Tack up the dried masterpieces on your refrigerator or kitchen cabinets–an easy fall decoration!
This is a quick way to enjoy some quality family time with your little ones in the midst of a crazy season. With school getting started and life getting busier with sports practices and dance classes, these are the quiet, simple moments that matter most. Take time this season to look around and enjoy the little things, like the crunch of leaves and the smell of apple cider and pumpkin flavored everything. May these precious new fall decorations be constant reminders to do just that.