By this time in the school year, your family is probably running in eight different directions. We’ve covered that before, and that’s why we love simplifying your life with quick recipes and ideas for making things run more smoothly around the house. Of course, family organization always sounds very appealing until you begin the process. The fact of the matter is, if you’re anything like us, you’ve got a bunch of projects halfway done around the house, and organizing them all seems overwhelming.
Well, moms and dads, today is your lucky day. We’ve got a family organization tip unlike all the rest. This family schedule will streamline your family’s time and life. It will free up all the time you need to finish off the rest of those organizational projects and spend even more time with your family. Take a look at these easy steps and get started as soon as possible!
What You’ll Need:
- Excel on your computer or a pad of paper, colored pens and ruler
- List of your family’s responsibilities
How You’ll Do It:
- You can choose to do a daily, weekly or monthly schedule. The instructions below are based on a weekly schedule, but it can be adapted for any way you’d like.
- Divide your paper or Excel sheet with family names running down vertically and days and times running across horizontally, creating grids.
- Using separate colors for each family member, list out activities according to each member in their respective grids.
- Print or produce enough copies for each member of your family.
- Tack up schedules on the fridge, near your children’s bedrooms and on your way out the door.
This family schedule is easy to make and could be your life saver during the busy fall season. Take a few minutes to sit down and fill it out together! This will give you more intentional time together and organize your lives so you can enjoy more meaningful moments together as a family!