Who doesn’t love cereal? It’s easy, delicious, sometimes nutritious, and it can serve as any meal of the day, including dessert! Before we get into the cereal crafts for kids, let’s learn something new about this beloved food.
- 50% of Americans eat cereal for breakfast every day.
- Every American eats an average of 160 bowls of cereal per year.
- Before cereal was invented, colonists ate popcorn with milk and sugar.
- Corn Flakes came out in 1894 …over 100 years ago!
- Cheerios were orignally called Cheerioats.
- The heart marshmallows in Lucky Charms are the only original shape left.
Fun Cereal Crafts
Believe it or not, you can create a lot with cereal. Check out some of the craft ideas below, or get creative and come up with your own cereal crafts. The great thing about creating with cereal is that your creation is usually edible! A snack and a craft in one.
Cheerio Bird Feeder
Cereal Rainbow on a Stick
Fruit Loops Flowers
Cereal Sand Art
Cereal Leprechaun Craft
While these crafts use Cheerios and Fruit Loops, get creative with whatever cereal you have in your pantry. Play tic-tac-toe with Frosted Mini Wheats. Make art with Honey Bunches of Oats. The possibilities are endless.
If you were looking for an excuse to serve cereal for dinner tonight, look no further. Fill up your bowl and enjoy! Trust us, your kids will too. And share some cereal facts with your kids while you eat!