We don’t think summertime is the only time for ice cream…we think all year long is the best time for ice cream! But a scoop (or three!) of ice cream on a hot summer day really hits the spot. Did you know that it’s not too hard to make ice cream at home, even if you don’t have an ice cream machine? Check out this no-fuss ice cream recipe below and see for yourself! If you’re up for it, pick up the supplies and have the whole family work together to make your very own ice cream. Not only will this be a fun activity with a tasty reward, but it will teach your kids valuable lessons like following instructions and patiently waiting.
No-Churn Homemade Ice Cream
Recipe from www.foodiecrush.com.
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer or a stand mixer to whip the cream until stiff peaks occur, be careful not to over whip. The cream will be done when you pull the beaters out and the cream stands at attention.
- In another large bowl, whisk the vanilla into the sweetened condensed milk. Gently fold in the whipped cream with a spatula, slowly incorporating the two mixtures together so it stays light and aerated.
- If making individual flavors, scoop the cream mixture into smaller bowls and gently fold in your desired mix-ins, or if making just one flavor, mix the ingredients directly into the cream mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to an insulated tub or paper containers and freeze for 4-6 hours.
This recipe makes the perfect base for creative ice cream creations. Add your favorite toppings or flavors to make it your own! Here are some concoctions we think sound amazing!
- Banana + Chocolate Sauce
- Chocolate Chips + Mint Extract + Green Food Coloring
- Marshmallows + Graham Crackers + Chocolate Sauce
- Sprinkles + Strawberries
- Raspberries + Cheesecake Bites
- Cookie Dough + Brownie Bites