Tissue paper stained glass is the perfect spring art project. Not only does it encourage you to enjoy the beautiful sunlight streaming through the windows, but it is also an easy craft activity for kids of almost any age. It’s also great entertainment for a stormy spring afternoon and encourages children to anticipate when the sun will come out again!
You can make these tissue paper stained glass projects with items you probably have on hand or pick up the supplies the next time you’re at the craft store. There are so many options for making the stained glass patterns, you’ll definitely be doing this one again!
Kid Craft: Tissue Paper Stained Glass
You will need:
- wax paper
- colored tissue paper (look for the non-bleed kind like these on Amazon)
- liquid starch (laundry section of the grocery) or watered down glue (2 parts glue to 1 part water)
- newspapers for covering your table
- paint brushes
- Tear or cut tissue paper into small pieces. The kids can do this step or you can help them cut out some cool geometric shapes.
- Cover your surface in newspapers to make clean up easy.
- Lay a piece of wax paper (any size you want) on the newspaper. You might want to affix the wax paper to the newspaper with a small piece of tape just to keep it from moving around.
- Brush the starch or glue all over the wax paper.
- Arrange tissue pieces on wax paper. Do one small section at a time.
- Brush the starch or glue over the tissue paper pieces.
- Continue adding tissue paper and starch or glue until wax paper is covered.
- Lay aside to dry.
- Hang in window and admire!
Tag us in your creations on Instagram! @countryhomelc