Regardless of how your family chooses to celebrate Easter, there’s one thing we can all agree on: cake! That’s why we love this adorable, kid-friendly Easter bunny cake recipe. Your kids will love seeing this tasty bunny come to life, and spending family time together in the kitchen is the icing on the cake.
Photo courtesy of www.foodandwine.com
- Two 8-inch-round yellow cakes, chilled
- 3 cups white frosting
- 1 cup pink frosting
- Sweetened shredded coconut, sprinkles, candies, and any other toppings of your choice for decorating
- Put one cake on a work surface. Using a serrated knife, cut the cake to form one bow tie and two almond-shaped ears.
- Place the uncut cake in the center of an inverted baking sheet or a large rectangle platter. Arrange the two ears above the cake on the baking sheet and the bow tie directly below.
- Using an offset spatula, frost the entire cake with the white frosting.
- Transfer the pink frosting to a pastry bag fitted with a small round tip. Decoratively pipe the bow tie and the ears of the bunny. Sprinkle shredded coconut on the head and around the ears. Decorate the bunny with the toppings of your choice. Here’s an insider tip: licorice ropes make tasty whiskers.
Are you planning to put together your own fluffy bunny cake? Be sure to tag us on Instagram– we’d love to see the finished product!