Today, April 11th, is National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day, and who doesn’t love grilled cheese? Americans love them, that’s for sure. One study found that Americans eat 2.2 billion grilled cheese sandwiches every year. That’s a lot of cheese.
Fun fact: these beloved cheesy sandwiches were originally called toasted cheese or melted cheese.
It’s hard to beat a classic grilled cheese sandwich, but if you’re looking for a new grilled cheese to today, look no further. From breakfast grilled cheese sandwiches to dessert ones, we’ve got you covered. You might even decide to go all out and have grilled cheese for every meal of the day! We won’t tell.
Breakfast Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Waffle Grilled Cheese
- Scrambled Eggs and Pesto Grilled Cheese
- Donut Grilled Cheese (this could be dessert, too!)
Lunch and Dinner Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Lasagna Grilled Cheese
- Loaded Nacho Grilled Cheese
- Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese
- Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly with Brie
Dessert Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Roasted Strawberry, Brie, and Chocolate Grilled Cheese
- Brie and Nutella Grilled Cheese
- S’mores Grilled Cheese
You can’t go wrong with any of these cheesy creations. Or get creative and come up with your very own grilled cheese concoction! We have a feeling National Grilled Cheese Day might become your child’s favorite new holiday.