Now that fall is in the air, so is everyone’s favorite flavor of the season–pumpkin spice. Switch up your usual latte or muffin and try your hand at an easy DIY that will scent your skin. Use goats milk and essential oils for great moisturizing and even better scent.
DIY Pumpkin Spice Soap
You’ll be making two batches of this soap. The first will be the “pumpkin” batch. The second is the “spice” batch. Once the two batches are layered, you’ll get a gorgeous bar of soap–all natural and all made by you.
- 2 lb block of Goat’s Milk Glycerin Melt & Pour Base Soap
- clove essential oil (20 drops)
- ginger essential oil (10 drops)
- cinnamon essential oil (10 drops)
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cup glass measuring cup (you’ll be microwaving)
- silicone mold
- Cut the soap block into cubes. Put half into the glass measuring cup.
- Microwave the goat’s milk soap for one minute and stir. Then microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until the soap is completely melted.
- For the first batch of soap, add 2 heaping tablespoons of canned pureed pumpkin. Stir the pumpkin puree until smooth. Expect the pumpkin to be lumpy but keep stirring until the texture is consistent.
- For the second batch, melt the rest of the soap, the same as before. After completely melted, add the pumpkin spice, brown sugar, and salt. Add the essential oils and mix until well combined.
- Be sure both batches are still fully liquefied before pouring. Give them a 30 second heating boost in the microwave if necessary.
- Fill each section in your silicone mold with the “pumpkin” soap batch first. Each mold should be about half full. Next add the “spice” batch to the top. Gently swirl each mold with a spoon to achieve a nicely marbled design.
- Let the soap sit for about an hour until solidified. Gently remove your pumpkin spice soap from the molds.
Enjoy bath time this fall!
Check out our other pumpkin spice recipes!
Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
Original recipe at Living Well Mom.