We’re finally in the “ber” months, which means it’s finally pumpkin spice season! We’re sure you already have a go-to pumpkin spice latte recipe, so we wanted to share a different kind of pumpkin spice recipe that your kiddos can enjoy with you. (We know from experience that caffeine and toddlers don’t mix that well.)
This tasty snack puts a new twist on classic popcorn, and it is the perfect combination of sweet and salty. With the perfect amount of “crunch” for fall, this popcorn might become your family’s new favorite fall treat. Plus, this simple recipe makes it easy for your aspiring chefs to help out in the kitchen.
Pumpkin Spice Popcorn
Recipe from www.cakieshq.com
- 8 cups of popped popcorn
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat together with the sugar, water, vanilla extract, salt and pumpkin pie spice; cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour butter mixture over popcorn; toss and mix with a spoon till popcorn is fully coated.
- Transfer coated popcorn onto the baking tray.
- Bake, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes. Stir mixture every three to four minutes.
- Take out of the oven and keep stirring the mixture every few minutes. As the mixture cools, the popcorn will get nice and crispy.
Note: For an extra punch of pumpkin, add more pumpkin pie spice!
Make a batch of this seasonal popcorn for your next family movie night, or make a few batches to hand out to your neighborhood friends on Halloween. And if you’re feeling extra pumpkin spice-y, whip up (or pick up) a pumpkin spice latte to enjoy with it! After all, is there such thing as too much pumpkin spice?