It’s fall, y’all! From cool, crisp days to pumpkins and mums and campfires and apple cider, we’re ready for it all. In today’s world, however, there is nothing more iconic of fall than pumpkin spice. Since the kids are a little young for Starbucks, though, try this play dough recipe instead! You can sip your favorite pumpkin spice drink while they build motor and creative skills crafting sculptures and take in the sweet smell of fall all at the same time!
Pumpkin Spice Play Dough
Adapted from Crystal and Company
- 5 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups of salt
- 8 teaspoons of cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 (35gm) container of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 4 cups of water
- Grab a large saucepan and combine flour, salt, cream of tarter. Stir well.
- Add oil.
- Add Pumpkin Pie Spice.
- Add water and red/yellow food coloring to desired pumpkin shade.
- Warm over medium heat and stir until no lumps remain and mixture thickens.
- Dump onto floured surface and knead until no longer sticky.
- Use cookie cutters and toys to play and enjoy!
Now go to Starbucks and get yourself a Pumpkin Spice Latte because it’s exhausting being crafty. Let’s face it! And curl up next to your kiddos as they wow you with their creations! Happy fall!
If you love pumpkin spice, be sure to check out some of our favorite recipes!
Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
Pumpkin Spice Soap Recipe