It’s almost that time of year: your favorite Thursday of 2015. It’s almost time to indulge in turkey and mashed potatoes and three different kinds of pie to the tune of football and family. It’s almost time for the Macy’s parade and dinner-induced afternoon naps. Is your mouth watering just thinking about it?!
Who says you have to wait until the end of the month to dish up some of your favorite comfort foods? We’ve got a cheat sheet version of a few Thanksgiving favorites. The best part is you don’t have to wait until November 26th. All you have to do is plug in your Crockpot, mix up the ingredients and forget about it until dinner time!
Chicken + Stuffing
- 4 chicken breasts
- 6 oz. package Stove Top stuffing mix (chicken flavored)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- Put chicken breasts on the bottom of the Crockpot.
- Pour stuffing mix over top.
- In a separate bowl, combine soup and sour cream. Then place on top of stuffing mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
We suggest serving it with your favorite vegetables, setting a pretty table and throwing on your favorite chunky sweaters. Bonus points are given for a fire in the fireplace and a pumpkin dessert!
No basting. No carving. No fighting over the wishbone. Just a simple, middle of the week Thanksgiving-esque dinner that’s sure to keep you family full and happy.